Saturday, November 28, 2009

PHOTOS OF THINGS I HAVE MADE


Hello dear reader,
I have posted the photos of my butterfly pins that I crocheted.  I think they came out just adorable.  I love them all.  Each one has its own personality and won't they look lovely on a dress or coat?  The original pattern was from a blog I came across. I will try to post the link.  She made them with single strand of #10 thread but I found that they were too tiny.  I used double strand #10 thread and they came out just perfect.
I also improved upon the pattern by slip stitching all around the edges of the butterfly to make it a solid piece.  I had trouble with the craft wire that I had on hand because one was too thick and it would not go thru the hole in my bead and the other was on the thin side and the ends didnt curl as nicely as I would have liked.  When I go to the craft store again I will pick up some appropriate sized wire.  I believe a 22 or 23 gauge wire is probably the best size.   They are so quick and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment