Saturday, November 28, 2009

CROCHETED CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS

Hello dear reader,
I have posted photos of some of the christmas tree ornaments I have made using the same pattern for all of the "bulbs".  I used different yarns and threads.  I used worsted weight yarn with a gold crochet thread.  They came out heavier but I liked the weight and they hold up to the decorations.  I also used double strand of #10 thread.  These were a little smaller but still great.  I found som sequins in the shape of snowflakes and the greeting "Merry Christmas" in sequin material.  The others I used scrapbooking brads in different sizes, shapes and colors.
The candy cane ornaments were the ones I described in an earlier post.  They are from a current magazine.  They are just double crochet in a long string. I used white glue and water for stiffening and dried them on aluminum foil.  I love them and they are just adorable.
I did manage to make one snowflake out of #5 thread and It came out so cute.  I am not a big fan of making doilies and snowflakes,  I love the look of them but I don't enjoy crocheting them as nuch as I enjoy working with yarn.


The christmas trees are finally decorated and photos made.  I used garland on one but not the other.  I got sick and tired of burning my fingers on the hot glue so I didn't put garland on the second one.  I think that they look adorable anyways.  I had the cutest little vintage wooden ornaments and also some resin ones.  On one I glued some little wrapped packages onto the base of the tree.  One is for me and the other is for my niece and the kids.  I know that they will enjoy them.  Send me photos if you make one of my trees.  I would love to see what you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment