Thursday, December 17, 2009

POEMS THAT I HAVE WRITTEN

Good morning!  I would like to share some of the poems that I have written with all of you dear readers.  I hope that you enjoy them.  I would love any feedback you may have about them.


My wish for you  by Annette McKitrick

How bright the sun up in the sky

The wispy clouds that drift on by
How sweet the song birds fill the air
How gentle the breeze that lifts your hair
How warm the sunshine on your skin
How joyfull your heart beats deep within

I wish beauty and peace to fill your days
Joy and love to send your way
Your desires and dreams may soon be fulfilled
And love keep your heart quiet and still

May your troubles be tiny, may sorrows be few
May you always have springtime inside of you
To know only kindness and love so true
These are the things I wish for you


Christmas Wishes for Our Armed Forces
by Annette McKitrick

You won't be home for Christmas
on this very special day
My heart is sad this Christmas
while you are far away

Duty to our country
took you across the seas
But in my heart this Christmas
you will be close to me

The call to protect our freedom
is  your gift to the USA
So Christmas here without you
will be a lonely day

Without you here our family
is lost and incomplete
You fight to protect our country
with victory over defeat

You won't be home this Christmas
But that's OK with me
My angels are there with you
And will return you safe to me.





FRANCESCA

A baby girl was sent to us
One cold and wintry day
Her birth was a very difficult one
And her mother began to pray

She call upon her God above
To help her little one
And the angels came to comfort her
They filled her heart with love.

Rest easy sweet laboring mom
There is ought for you to fear
God’s angels have all gathered round
His love for you is near.

The babe was brought into this world
As the doctors did their part
 Looks of sadness upon their faces
Struck terror in the mothers heart

I have bad new to tell about
This sweet little babe newborn
She is not like all other babes
Said the doctor all forlorn.

What’s wrong with her please tell me now
The mother shouted out
Your baby has Down’s syndrome
The doctor’s voice rang out.

The mother took her baby home
And she began to grow
Each day that passed was special
Her mother’s heart did know.

As pretty as a sunrise
All golden, pink and light
Her auburn curls gleamed softly
To brighten up the night.

Her skin as soft as roses
Her eyes as blue as the sky
A prettier child you’ll never see
A truth you can’t deny


Each day she fills our hearts with love
She’s as smart as smart can be
And makes us laugh at her antics
She fills our lives with glee!

And the love she gives to everyone
That meets this little one
Brightens up their faces
To shine like light from the sun

Some people say she’s handicapped
They pity her family
Not one of us who love her
Would never ever agree

She’s a beautiful gift from God above
No more blessed could we be
She fills our empty hearts with love
For all the world to see.
.


Eternity  by Annette McKitrick



I remember when first I saw your face
It intrigued me. Your eyes full of passion and grace
Nothing remarkable – just a spark in my soul.
Wanting to know more but wondering why?.

We did not speak each others language
But the spark gave way to flames.
Talk is not important when
speaking the words of the soul

My trembling heart remembers
From many life-times past
You were my love for eternity
No world could keep us apart.

And yet these moments of passion
Were fleeting in our lifetime
We both knew that we would have to wait
Until our souls come again..

 
MY BELOVED    by Annette McKitrick

M any times you told me you love me
Y our eyes so blue mirror the beauty of your soul

B eing with you is all I ever wanted
E cstacy is yours and mine alone
L oving you more and more each day
O nly you can play the music that I dance to
V ibrant is how I feel when I’m with you
E very day with you is a gift from God
D evoted to you I shall always be




The Journey    by Annette McKitrick



I chose to go on a journey
The most important one in my life
It started out in a hospital
But was not with stress and strife

I began with much thought and soul searching
It was not so easy to do
I entered into it joyfully
With positive thoughts thru and thru.

It took me down long winding pathways
Places I’ve  never been to before               
But entered with great expectations
And I knew that I want to learn more.

My life had been full of trials,
Prejudices and grief
It was time to turn the tides of disapproval
And to swim towards the shores of relief.

This journey was not going to be easy,
 No magic bullet that would make everything right.
It takes a great deal of planning,
 Support and positive insight

Everything that I ever had lived with,
Would have to be changed overnight
The  newness at times overwhelmed me
But I kept my eyes on the light

The days passed by ever slowly
And I wanted results right away
But anything worth having takes time
And Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I didn’t embark on this adventure
For anyone other than me
This trip was granted by heaven
The results are for all to see.




Some days brought joy and contentment
Some days were filled with fright
When ever I consumed the right item
It filled my soul with delight

So on and on I traveled
But no road weary person was I
I adored hearing the compliments
That lifted my soul ever high

Now whatever road my life seems to travel
Where ever I choose to be
I stand tall and slender
From this gift that was granted to me.

.        .



ALONE

By Annette McKitrick


Alone, why do I feel so all alone?
An island floating in a dark stormy sea
Where is the love I once knew?
Where is the caring?

Alone, why do I feel so alone?
My heart is heavy, fearing it will never
Feel the warmth of the sun again.
The cold murky waters lap at my soul.

The Darkness oppresses me
As I feel my way around this box
That has enclosed me.
Alone, why do I feel so all alone?

I long to feel joy again, I long to have
A reason to be happy.
But how can I feel these emotions
When my life has lost its purpose.

Searching for so long to feel whole again
Knowing that you have closed your heart to me
Wanting it to open up and enfold me once more
This is the wanting in my soul.

Alone, why do I feel so all alone?


And last but not least is the first poem I wrote.  I should say the first serious poem.
I wrote it 3 days after 9/11 and the pain was still a raw wound in our nations hearts.
It was published by the Branford Review, our hometown newspaper.  It was given a full page spread with photos of 911 surounding the poem.  I was quite honored.  I know that it has been emailed half way around the world.  I hope that you enjoy it.


The Day America Cried   by Annette McKitrick

The sun shone brightly that morning There was not a cloud in the sky
Life went on just as always The day America cried.
We were not thinking of evil
The tragedy was not forseen
Our country changed in a heartbeat
By the sounds of thousands of screams.

Can you remember what you were doing?
The day America cried
Can you remember your shock and your sorrow?
When you learned how many had died.

Our Country so strong and so vibrant
Was quickly brought to its knees
The work of a madman's desires
Who lives far away across the seas?

An act of terror so heinous
Our minds cannot comprehend
The lives of thousands of heroes
Abruptly would come to their end.

The pain in my heart consumes me
My grief remains ever strong
I cannot forget this sorrow
It clings to me all the daylong.

Our hearts are crying for answers
We long to understand why
For families who lost loved ones
The day America cried.

Our faith and our spirits were tested
But God was guiding our land
The tide of adversity strengthens us
And together united we stand.

The many brave men and brave women
In our hearts forever will stay
By actions and deeds made immortal
Heroes were born on that day.

So what gained you out of your evil?
For you there is no place to hide
America is stronger than ever
We stand as one nation with pride










No comments:

Post a Comment